Friday 27 January 2012

Philpot Square, London SW6

This mini-estate is super well kept.
As is usual for this type of development, the well designed central spaces were completely devoid of life.  Not that that's an entirely bad thing because they are lovely to look out on from within...but probably not what the designers expected.
 I'm getting fond of these lil' maps.  Not fond enough to do a study, obviously, but maybe someone else should do a study of them.  En-mass they'd make a great wallpaper, or textile...what about that Brutalis T eXile??

If I had a wide angle lense or knew how to operate a camera, the beauty of this space might have come across better, but maybe you can still see it a bit?  I love these leafless winter shots.
The scaffold poles are working that elevation well.
that's a better one.
A so-called architect friend has just peered over my shoulder and declared this 'okay' .
Honestly.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your interest in my building. I own the apartment on the ground floor with the blue door. I love brutalist architecture. I graduated from UCL institute of education London, which is the most amazing brutalist construction it’s not for everyone snd indeed my favourite would be Georgian. If you would like more information of to look inside the apartments I’m happy to let you look inside. They are two floor and look like little cottages inside. This is why I bought it and around the traditional courtyard garden is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am an Architect and I love brutalist architecture and one of my favourite parts of London is of course the Barbican! We are in the process of purchasing a ground floor maisonette and I wanted to know if you would be happy to have a chat about the place, the quality of life and most of all the works permitted to renew the properties! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete